Note: SKEW 2011 will be held at Technical University of Denmark, which is located in Lyngby north of Copenhagen. However, we recommend that you choose a hotel in Copenhagen and commute between your hotel and the conference venue using the chartered bus.
Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark. It is the largest city in Scandinavia with its urban population of roughly 1.2 million. Copenhagen is situated in the eastern part of Denmark on the islands of Zealand and Amager.
There are many things to see and do in Copenhagen. Here is a list for inspiration:
- The Little Mermaid. One of the most photographed ladies in the world. Just came back from a visit to China.
- Amalienborg Palace. Home of the Queen and the future King.
- Strøget. The world's longest pedestrian street for shopping.
- The Round Tower. Offers a great view of the city.
- Nyhavn and the Canal Tours. Nyhavn is the most vibrant meeting place of Copenhagen. The Canal Tours leave from Nyhavn and offer a great way to see Copenhagen.
For more information about Copenhagen, go to VisitCopenhagen, the official tourism site of Copenhagen, or try one of the unofficial sites such as Spotted by Locals, MyCopenhagenInfo.com, CPHvisual etc.